Compassion is your superpower for transformation.
The new year brings a familiar season of resolutions, intention setting and renewed focus on change. It got me thinking of something I read at just the right time a couple of years ago:
“The key to joy is unconditional kindness to all life, including one’s own, which we refer to as compassion. Without compassion, little of any significance is ever accomplished in human endeavor.” David R. Hawkins, Power vs Force
He goes on to write “Simple kindness to one’s self and all that lives is the most powerful transformational force of all. It produces no backlash, has no downside, and never leads to loss or despair. It increases one’s own true power without exacting any toll.”
Listen to this first podcast of 2019 to hear stories of two people I met several years ago who decided it was time to be compassionate towards themselves and the remarkable change it produced in their life and everyone around them.
- Two stories that illustrate reasons people make change in their life.
- You can choose any moment to make a transformation
- The power of taking responsibility for the truth of your results
- Feel good now. Why it’s important to stop keeping good feelings away until after your result has arrived
- Hard on yourself? Why we punish ourselves – and get caught in a loop of shame and blame
- Allow yourself to feel good in our culture of distraction, comparison, manipulation and tactic.
- How being compassionate to yourself aligns you with what you truly desire and deserve.
Mentioned in this episode
Book: Dr David R Hawkins, Power vs Force
Free video series for navigating change: 7 Day Comfort Zone Challenge
For more Free Your Inner Guru: