Resistance is a part of the personal growth process. It’s not just you.
Have you ever noticed that just as you are about to take action towards a bigger better result, you are often met with uncanny amounts of resistance?
If you caught last week’s episode, I invited you to join me in an experiment designed to bring more joy into your life.
You always have a choice:
- Succumb to it – because it’s just easier that way, or
- Ignore (aka power through) your resistance, which is not sustainable, or
- Recognize it for what it is, detach, and consciously move forward.
When you are faced with resistance, do you react in frustration, anger, and feel sorry for yourself? Or, do you remind yourself that discomfort is a necessary and natural part of the game. Your resistance has a purpose it’s there to ask you, “How badly do you want it?”
When you choose to respond consciously, you remain open to new opportunities.
- Charge full steam ahead with blinders on?
- Throw yourself a pity party?
- Consciously remain open and receptive?
Talk is cheap. The only way to know for sure how you deal with your resistance is to practice. I encourage you to listen to this week’s episode, design your own consciousness-raising experiment, and see for yourself what happens.
Mentioned in this episode:
Last week’s FYIG podcast – How to Bring More Joy Into Your Life
The post How Badly Do You Want It? Dealing With Resistance to Change first appeared on Free Your Inner Guru.