With our collective routines and systems in upheaval, personal routines and rituals become even more important.
The basics matter, and everything counts. Here’s a few simple routines we can all receive benefit from.
- Wake up and go to bed at the same time each day.
- Carve out time in the morning to do something that makes you feel good.
- Maintain or increase our physical activity to slow down our mental activity.
- Schedule quiet time for yourself, especially if you have more people in your house than you’re used to right now.
- Try something new.
- Ritualize something you do routinely by becoming more present to it, like a quiet cup of tea.
Our body and mind crave the comfort we can give ourselves. A consistent routine will help minimize distress and personal disruption. With so much out of our control, we have an opportunity to remember our true power comes from within.